Phoenix Gold amps are a popular brand of car amplifiers. The amp is what powers the sound of a vehicle’s sound system. Sometimes, shopping for Phoenix Gold amps can be a bit overwhelming. There are many models, power levels, other features available, so knowing some basics about Phoenix Gold amps is important. If you’re looking to invest in the superior quality of a Phoenix Gold amp, there are a few different factors to pay close attention to.
Factors When Shopping for Phoenix Gold Amps
- Different Numbers of Channels? Phoenix Gold amps are available in a number of different configurations, and the right number of channels will depend on how many speakers you have in your sound system. In general, you’ll need one channel for each speaker that you want to amplify. If you’re adding a subwoofer to an existing system, then a single channel car amplifier will get the job done just fine. There are even mono Phoenix Gold amps with a “class D” rating that are specifically designed to use less power and put off less heat when amplifying subwoofers. Units that have two, four, or six channels are more versatile. A 2 channel amp can be used to power two woofers, two coaxial speakers, or you can bridge it to run a single sub. If you just want to add a subwoofer and provide more power to your rear full range speakers, then a 4-channel amp will probably do the job. In that case, you can run each rear full range speaker off its own channel and then bridge the other two to power the sub. On the other hand, you could power all four coaxial speakers off the same amp and then install a separate mono amp for the subwoofer. Component systems can be more complicated, and you may end up needing more than one amplifier, external crossovers, and other components.
- Phoenix Gold Amplifier Power – If you want to get the best sound out of your car stereo, it’s vital that you don’t under power your speakers. That’s why a lot of people pick out speakers first and then find an amp that has enough juice to power them. If you’re just working with your factory speakers, you’ll still want to find the RMS value and then choose an amp that’s capable of putting out out at least 75 to 150 percent of that number. Power is also a concern if you’re looking to run a sub off the same amp that you’re using to drive your speakers. Bridging two channels of a multi-channel amp may provide enough power to run a sub, but it isn’t ideal in every situation. If the amp can’t match your specific subwoofer’s power needs, then you’re better off looking for a separate mono amplifier that is capable of doing the job right.
- Head Unit and Amplifier Compatibility – If you’re building a car audio system from the ground up, then there’s no question about it: buy a head unit that has preamp outputs and an amplifier that has line level inputs. By providing an unamplified signal to the amp, you’ll end up with the clearest sound possible. Most factory head units don’t have preamp outputs. If you’re working with an existing head unit that falls into that category, then you’ll need to look for an amp that has speaker level inputs. This will still result in better sound than you’d get without the external amp, and it will save you from having to mess around with additional wiring or adapters.
Phoenix Gold Amps – SX Series 1200W 5 Channel Amplifier
The SX Series 1200W 5 Channel Amplifier is one of many great models of Phoenix Gold Amps. Here are some of the the specs of it:
- Ultra Efficient Class D Topology
- Compact Size for Easy Installation
- Surface Mount Component Technology
- RMD – Remote Voltage Display Ready
- RBCF – Remote Bass Level Control Included
- Direct Insert Power and Speaker Terminals
- Audio Precision Quality Control Verification
- Backlit Blue Phoenix Gold Logo
- Power Output Birth Certificate
AutoWorks offers Phoenix Gold amps as well as other car audio & electronics services to towns in the Monmouth County area. Service towns include Middletown, Red Bank, Oceanport, Rumson, Little Silver, Marlboro, Freehold, Dayton, Aberdeen, Manalapan, Point Pleasant, Millstone Township, Long Branch, Spring Lake, Holmdel, Shrewsbury, West Long Branch, Fair Haven, and many more. To learn more about our Phoenix Gold amp installation services and other services contact us today at 732-671-0225 or visit the website.