Many vehicle owners think of window film, also called window tint, as just an aesthetic enhancement, but it also provides long-lasting functional benefits to protect you and your vehicle. Here are some of the top reasons to invest in tinted windows.
Reasons to Get Tinted Windows
- Fade Reduction. Your car is a valuable asset that you want to last as long as possible. Having window tinting professionally installed on your vehicle is a great way to protect your investment. Window film blocks harsh sunshine that can fade upholstery and discolor leather and vinyl. It protects car interiors from cracking and warping to keep your car looking newer longer. Window tinting also blocks windshield glare to decrease eye fatigue from direct sun and bright nighttime headlights.
- UV Ray Blockage. Tinted windows on your car can block up to 99% of the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays that can accelerate skin aging and cause skin cancer. Even clear window film or a light tint can block out both damaging UVA and UVB rays. Research shows that 53% of skin cancers in the U.S. occur on the left side of the body, which correlates to the driver’s side of a car. For people who drive for extended periods of time, window film protection provides a critical advantage to safeguard against this risk.
- Solar Heat Rejection. If you’ve battled finding the right level of air conditioning for all of your passengers, tinted windows can help resolve that dilemma. Depending on the grade, window film can block anywhere from 35-65% of the solar heat that builds up in a car. You can balance climate and comfort for everyone and cut down fuel consumption from air conditioning overuse.
- Shattered Glass Protection. The safety benefits tinted windows cannot be underestimated. Window film is designed to keep glass from shattering if an object hits it. In the event of a car accident, passengers are protected from flying glass shards and from being ejected through windows. Also, thieves will find it difficult to break through tinted glass and get into your car.
- Privacy and Security. Tinted windows in a wide range of shading to provide a level of privacy for you and your passengers as you go down the road. When you park the car, you can walk away and know that nobody can see your valuables inside.
Looking to Add Tinted Windows to Your Vehicle?
Located in Middletown, New Jersey, AutoWorks is a automotive shop that provides auto services, including installing tinted windows, to towns in the Monmouth County area. We serve serve towns including Middletown, Red Bank, Oceanport, Rumson, Little Silver, Marlboro, Manalapan, Long Branch, Holmdel, Ocean Township, Lincroft, Shrewsbury, Monmouth Beach, West Long Branch, Fair Haven, and many more. To learn more about our window tinting, auto electronics, installation services, and other services contact us today at 732-671-0225 or visit the website.