Remote car starters are great for freezing winter mornings when you don’t want to get into an icebox of a vehicle for the drive to work. However, before you rush out and purchase one, there are a few things you should keep in mind when it comes to remote car starters.
Things to Know About Remote Car Starters
- Ranges – All remote car starters have a specified range as to how far you can be from the vehicle to start to it. These ranges are typically between 500 feet and 5,000 feet. This broad range is important, as they are based on no interference between the transmitter and the vehicle. If you plan to start a vehicle right outside your door, a 500-foot range will work. If you know your car will be downstairs or buried deep in a parking lot, the highest range is the best option.
- Myth That They Cause Damage – There is a myth that remote car starters can damage your vehicle. The truth of this is that a properly installed, high quality system will not cause any damage. Incidents where cars have quit running or even caught fire are typically due to being installed improperly, although extremely cheap systems are also unreliable.
- Installation Matters – You need to have your remote car starter installed by a professional that understands the intricacies of the system and how to run the wiring. Vehicles have become more complex over the years, and that complexity can be a problem if someone doesn’t have the proper knowledge of the systems involved. This is one case where the cheapest installer is not necessarily the best option. Make sure to do your research to protect yourself and your vehicle.
- Warranties – It’s very important to understand that having a remote car starter professionally installed will not void your vehicle’s warranty.
- Programming – You will also need to decide if you want a remote car starter that activates the rear defrost or heated seats, or provides keyless entry. There are remote car starters available that can have these features added, but you will need to pay for the additional options.
Looking for Quality Remote Car Starters & Professional Installation Services?
AutoWorks is an authorized remote car starter dealer and certified installation facility that has been in business for over 20 years! Contact us today to get one for yourself or someone you love and give the gift that is sure to keep you warm this winter and for many years to come!
For more on our great auto products and services, call us today at 732-671-0225 or visit our website.