Remote car starters are a popular feature that many people add to their vehicle. There are many benefits that remote car starters have to offer, along with a couple drawbacks. Today, we’re going to go over what they are.
About Remote Car Starters
- They come in handy. Many remote car starters can turn on your car from up to 1,500 feet away. That means you don’t have to brave the elements to start your car, and you don’t have to sit in its chilly interior while it warms up. Remote car starters can also be useful in the summer. If you set your air conditioning to turn on when the car starts, you can cool your car off before stepping inside.
- Combine multiple features into a single remote. In many modern remote car starter systems, the remote can be programmed to unlock your doors. That way you won’t need one remote to start the car and another to unlock the doors. Some remotes can even be programmed to open your trunk.
- Extra layers of security. Different models of remote starters come with different safety features. Many starters have automatic door locks that kick in when the car is started by remote. That way no one can enter without the key or remote, reducing the possibility of theft.
- Wasted Gas. As soon as you turn on your car, it starts using gas. The longer you let your car idle, the more fuel is burned without you getting anywhere. To paraphrase a line from a Consumer Reports article, when you’re idling, your car is getting zero MPH.
- Higher carbon dioxide emissions. Idle cars can also be damaging to the environment. Every bit of gas burned by your car produces carbon dioxide, which has a hand in global warming, smog, and respiratory ailments. Leaving your car idle, no matter the season, puts unnecessary emissions into the atmosphere. Be sure to check your local area for by-laws prohibiting idling.
- Potential wear on your engine. Leaving your car idle can harm pieces of your engine, particularly the exhaust systems and spark plugs. This happens because fuel residue condenses on the walls of your engine’s cylinders. That residue contaminates the oil, which in turn causes engine damage.
The significant drawbacks of remote starter car systems are all tied to idling, so making a conscious effort not to leave your car running long after starting it, you can reap only the benefits of your remote car starter.
Looking for Quality Remote Car Starters & Installation Services Near Oceanport NJ?
AutoWorks is a automotive shop that also offers & installs remote car starters & other auto electronics to towns in the Monmouth County area. We serve serve towns including Middletown, Red Bank, Oceanport, Rumson, Little Silver, Marlboro, Manalapan, Long Branch, Holmdel, Ocean Township, Lincroft, Shrewsbury, West Long Branch, Fair Haven, and many more. To learn more about our auto electronics and installation services and other services contact us today at 732-671-0225 or visit the website.