When is comes to shopping for remote starters, there are mistakes that can be made. Many consumers try to cut corners for convenience to save money, resulting in some issues not long after. Here are some misconceptions that people have when considering an Avital starter or other type remote starter.
Myths Regarding Remote Starters
- All remote start systems are the same. Remote starters are no different. An Avital starter will be a much better investment than a no-name product that’s mass-produced out of country. Many people fail to understand that a truly dependable, reliable remote starter may cost a bit more up front. They often get lured in with a cheap price. Unfortunately, what they get for that is often a model with a range of only a couple hundred feet, 1 remote and no warranty.
- All companies that install remote starters are the same. Here’s why this is false: The best alarm and/or remote starter in the world won’t make up for a sloppy installation by an inexperienced installer. Most people have found they’ve gotten the best results hiring an experienced company that uses certified installers, along with dependable products (such as an Avital starter) that have been around for more than a year or two. Companies with good reputations in the marketplace are happy to demonstrate their product to you, and show you their warranty as well as their work.
- You can install one yourself. If you have extensive knowledge of automotive electronics and computer software showing detailed 12-volt wiring schematics of your vehicle, then perhaps you can get away with doing your own installation. But be aware that attaching any aftermarket electronics product to today’s vehicles without the proper know how can be extremely risky. A worst case scenario could be damaging the electronic control module or detonating the air bag, resulting in expensive repairs.
- The only reason to have a remote car starter installed is to warm up your vehicle. Although it’s true that a nice warm car is the feature you’ll probably love the most, you’ll find a remote starter has other perks. Several models also come with a keyless entry option as well, so you can enjoy the safety and convenience of locking and unlocking your vehicle, all with just the touch of a button. Remote starters are also great in the summertime, allowing you to quickly cool off a vehicle that’s been sitting in the hot sun all day!
- The remote starters you can purchase at your local department store or warehouse club are just as good as the ones the specialty electronics shops sell and install. this is possible, but not likely. Check around, you’ll find very few specialty shops use the brands you see on the shelves in the warehouse clubs and department stores This is because most are budget priced models simply don’t measure to brands like Avital starter systems.
Want an Avital Starter Installed in Your Vehicle?
AutoWorks is an authorized Avital starter dealer and certified installation facility that has been in business for over 20 years! Contact us today to get one for yourself or someone you love and give the gift that is sure to keep you warm this winter and for many years to come!
For more on our great auto products and services, call us today at 732-671-0225 or visit our website.